Saturday, February 11, 2017

Six Nations Prognostications 2

While the results of the first series of matches was predictable, the winning margins were not. Scotland and Ireland was always going to be close and a mal-functioning lineout and a slow start cost Ireland a match that they should have won. Oh Jamie, how could you, and at such a crucial stage. I thought Wales would struggle past Italy but they pulled well clear. Conversely I thought England would hammer France but they only scraped home.      The only match this weekend that seems difficult to call is Wales and England. I'm not convinced by Wales, especially their pack so I have a feeling that England might win - I wouldn't bet on it though. It will be very close. Elsewhere Ireland will clearly beat Italy and with the good weather forecast might even grab a bonus point. Scotland puffed up by beating Ireland will be brought back to earth by France. I expect a clear win for the hosts. It may suit us for England to win as otherwise we'll go to Wales facing a team eying a Grand Slam.