Friday, March 13, 2015

Cheltenham Day 4 - Thoughts and Strategies

 

Bloodied and bedraggled I'm struggling to stay in the battle. Ptit Zig made a bad mistake when in contention but would not have beatedn Vatour in any case. Edeymi ran as if he wasn't interested in winning and Whisper was just not good enough for a moderate World Hurdle.

But I'll fire a few more salvos to see if I can turn things round. Today is Gold Cup day and it's one of the most open ever. I'll try a few bob each way on Smad Place - the horse likes the course and has run a couple of solid trials. 25-1 is too big to ignore. Elsewhere Peace and Co should win the Triumph and I like Jessica Harrington's Modem in the county hurdle (I'll have a saver of Cheltenian). Martello Tower could plug on in the three miler for Margaret Mullins.